Monday, December 17, 2018

CANSOFCOM build with the 11.5" Ballistic Advantage barrel

I finally found the time to yank the 10.5" AR Stoner barrel from my IUR and throw on my recently acquired 11.5" Ballistic Advantage barrel.  Yanking the barrel from the IUR was not that hard, once I figured it out, but it was a bit of a pain in the ass in the beginning.


My only real difficulty was yanking the heat shield.  It's a good thing I had some surgical tools left over from my plastic model building days.


Custom IUR barrel nut wrench.  I'm told this thing won't work for the MRRs, but who knows.  I don't have an MRR so I may never know.



Anyway, after I yanked the barrel, the rest was pretty straight forward.





Re-inserting the heat shield.


Well, it's not a perfect clone, but it's close enough.  I ended up flipping the ATPIAL because it didn't make much sense owning such toys (illuminator and goggles), as cool as they are.


Wish the can was real.













No comments:

Post a Comment

Not quite a daisho, but pretty close.

 Not quite a daisho, but close at a quick glance.  A lot of times, daisho didn't have perfectly matched koshirae, or even blades from th...