Sunday, May 26, 2019

Long Range in Merritt

I went with a couple of buddies up to Merritt this weekend for some long range plinking.  The weather was good, not too hot, not too cold, and the bugs didn't start coming out until later in the afternoon.




My BCL 102 had a few hiccups but I think they're starting to sort themselves out.  I've put about 100 rounds through it now and so far, I haven't broken the new bolt catch.  My rifle didn't produce groups where the rounds were touching, but then again, I'm not a very good shot and conditions weren't ideal.  I'll find some time and take it to a range to see what sort of groups I can squeeze out of it.  For today though, it was just a test to see if the bolt catch would break, get the thing zeroed, and see if I could hammer some steel.


Alex's Stag 10 in 6.5cm


Colin's RPR in 6.5cm


Richard's Savage 10TR in the XLR Carbon chassis







I also brought my Remington 700 Police in .308.  It needed to be zeroed as well.  I'd never shot this rifle out beyond 200m so it was nice to have it out and stretch its legs out to 740m with relative ease.








Brought the 50bmg out for shits and giggles, but I actually didn't spend much time behind it today,














Decent collection of premium glass here.











With Honrady's 147gr ELD Match, I was able to get first round on steel at 485m  and 740m.  I was also able to tap steel at 1,010m, but because I'm not a particularly good shooter, it took me a few tries.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Not quite a daisho, but pretty close.

 Not quite a daisho, but close at a quick glance.  A lot of times, daisho didn't have perfectly matched koshirae, or even blades from th...