Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Millet LRS 6-25x56mm, 35mm tube


Since I yanked my Bushnell 6500 4.5-30x50mm off my 700p for my Savage 10TR and I've got my Leupold Mark 4 8.5-25x50mm for my Cadex 700, I ended up ripping the Leupold VX-1 off my M14 and stuck it on my 700p.  I suppose it would have been enough, by M14 was left without glass and slightly unhappy so I did a little research and found that this Millet LRS is probably the best you can get for about $500


 The Millet LRS is 6-25 magnification with a 55mm objective and a 35mm tube.  It is a monster. 



The scope comes with a massive sunshade, flippy caps, a felt-like cover, and also includes rings.


I was kind of hoping the turrets would be in mils, but all they had left were 1/4 moa.  I can't complain, since I don't know how to utilize either.



Parked besides my Leupold Mark 4, the Millet looks like Red October.


Anyways, I'm going to try out this scope on my 700p.  If it's crap, I'll flip it, but I've read tons of reviews, and despite this thing being made in China, it's fetched mostly good reviews.  5 stars out of 5 on Midwayusa, with about 13 reviews, and 4 out of 5 stars on Amazon.com with 14 reviews.  Time will tell.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Not quite a daisho, but pretty close.

 Not quite a daisho, but close at a quick glance.  A lot of times, daisho didn't have perfectly matched koshirae, or even blades from th...