Tuesday, August 30, 2016

More parts for my Mk18 Mod 0 clone - LMT SOPMOD and M16A1 grip

The obsession continues, lol!  Just got these two items shipped to me, a used LMT SOPMOD stock that's been in service for probably a bit too long, and an older M16A1 grip.

See these two posts here for the build details:






I'm not sure if the "C" mark inside the handle is an indication of Colt or not, but seems logical, haha!


Not sure what the "A" implies though.



Looks pretty authentic to me.



Had the red seals that are generally an indicator of authenticity, but as stated before, I don't see why this couldn't be faked.




Compared to my "less distressed" LMT stock.






Anyway, threw all the parts on and took the rifle outside for a photo shoot.





Next to my Colt Canada C8IUR







No comments:

Post a Comment

Not quite a daisho, but pretty close.

 Not quite a daisho, but close at a quick glance.  A lot of times, daisho didn't have perfectly matched koshirae, or even blades from th...