Friday, August 17, 2018

Aimpoint 9000sc ACET 2MOA

My Aimpoint 9000sc ACET 2MOA showed up for my Blackhawk Down clone.  


I know there's still hope for me and I haven't completely fallen to the dark side because this model isn't clone correct.  The era-correct model would have been an Aimpoint 3000 or 5000 series, but the 9000 model has a closer appearance than say an Aimpoint PRO, Comp M2, or M68 as seen in the film. 



This one was a pretty good deal and I couldn't turn it down.  The 5000 series seems to fetch a pretty hefty price tag considering it's age, but since cloners have been buying them up, there's a demand for it which drives the price up.  I may still get a clone correct 5000 series one day, but I'm not there yet.


The 9000 came with rings and flip caps.  The rings aren't QD, so taking the scope on and off will require a hex key.




The profile is much longer than the PROs and COMP M2 that I have.  


Though it's an older model, it appears to be of very good quality, on par with current models.  It's the 2moa model, which is nice, and it has the advanced circuitry efficiency technology (ACET), which should prolong battery life over older models.












I'm not sure I will even keep optics on my clone, but for now, here it sits.  While I had the camera out, I snapped a few more pics of other details.










Overall, I'm pretty happy with what I have.  I'm not sure I will go any further on this build, apart from getting the clone correct tail cap, and maybe sourcing an US Colt M4 (LE6920) lower.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Not quite a daisho, but pretty close.

 Not quite a daisho, but close at a quick glance.  A lot of times, daisho didn't have perfectly matched koshirae, or even blades from th...