Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Broke my CMMG

Well, I guess there won't be any cheap nights at the range for a while because after about 2,000 rounds through it, my Stainless Steel CMMG .22LR Conversion bolt crapped out on me.  I got the conversion kit through Justin at ctcsupplies.ca and he has sent it back to CMMG to warantee it.  Time will tell I guess.







As you can see, the weld where the rear plate was fastened broke and the the whole thing just crumbled apart when I took it out of the upper receiver of my AR.  I clean my AR religiously and everytime I come home after a night at the range, detail strip my AR, along with the CMMG .22lr bolt.  Keeping my fingers crossed and hope I get a new one back soon. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Not quite a daisho, but pretty close.

 Not quite a daisho, but close at a quick glance.  A lot of times, daisho didn't have perfectly matched koshirae, or even blades from th...