Sunday, February 5, 2017

Manfrotto MHXPRO-BHQ2 XPRO Ball Head with 200PL Quick-Release System

My Manfrotto MHXPRO-BHQ2 XPRO showed up last week and I snapped a few pictures of it along with my MHXPRO-3W 3 way pan and tilt.  The fit and finish on it is pretty impressive, tight tolerances, smooth action, and fairly easy controls.  That being said, I won't really know how well it performs until I get out there and try it out.  

Specs:

Load Capacity 22 lb (10 kg)
Quick Release Yes
Bubble Level Yes, 2 bull's eye
Friction Control Yes
Separate Panning Lock Yes
Pan Range 360°
Tilt Range -90° / +40°
Tripod Mount Thread Size 3/8"-16 with 1/4"-20 bushing adapter
Height 4.5" (11.5 cm)
Weight 1.1 lb (500 g)







I mounted the Pig saddle on it and threw the whole thing onto my Benro carbon tripod.  Though it's definitely more compact than the MHXPRO-3W, it sits fairly high above the base of the tripod.  I've been reading that some shooters prefer a simple leveling base which is almost a pancake compared to a full ball head.  The draw back is less elevation/cant adjustment, so you'll have to decide whether that affects your style of shooting.  


I've been looking at the Benro LBA 2 Leveling Base to go with the Benro tripod and decided to order it as well and see which I like better.   Some specs for the leveling base:

Load Capacity 110 lb (50 kg)
Top Mount Thread Size 1/4"-20 and 3/8"-16
Tripod Mount Thread Size 3.8"-16 with 1/4"-20 bushing adapter
Adjustment Range +/-15°
Height 1.875" (4.8 cm)
Weight 11.2 oz (318 g)





If the leveling base works out, I'll probably keep the Manfrotto ball head and sell the 3 way pan and tilt.  





No comments:

Post a Comment

Not quite a daisho, but pretty close.

 Not quite a daisho, but close at a quick glance.  A lot of times, daisho didn't have perfectly matched koshirae, or even blades from th...