Sunday, September 16, 2012

Yoroi of the 21st century

I study a Japanese sword art called iaido and I made this sword stand for one of my swords.  Anyway, I was cleaning my stand and remembered seeing a picture of an AR on a similar sword stand so I wanted to see if mine was strong enough to hold up my AR, and it is:






I have swords, but don't have any yoroi (armour), but I do have a bit of kit of a modern-day soldier so I tried to peice it together in the fashion that yoroi is usually displayed.  It's not perfect as the helmet is in the wrong place, but meh, it's close enough.








Haha, I should get in my kimono and hakama one of these days and take some pictures with my AR.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Not quite a daisho, but pretty close.

 Not quite a daisho, but close at a quick glance.  A lot of times, daisho didn't have perfectly matched koshirae, or even blades from th...