Friday, July 5, 2013

Playing with the Contour Roam at DVC

I know it's supposed to be an action camera and filming myself from a static positon isn't very dynamic, but then again, I'm not a very dynamic kind of guy.  Anyway, just testing the thing out and demonstrating my embarassingly crappy marksmanship skills (or complete lack there of).


A quick vid of me throwing lead downrange with my new Ruger 10/22 in the Archangel Nomad stock.  It's supposed to look like the H&K G36....not a bad copy, but far from perfect.


Vid of my Remington 1911 R1 Enhanced.  I love this thing, as it practically shoots itself, but since I hadn't been to the range in a while, I was pretty rusty.  The groupings were horrendous but I manage to get them down to a respectable size near the end of the session.  One stupid thing I plan to change out is the silly Smiley Face grips I got for it.  They look pretty neat, but the smooth finish was kind of hard to work with and I had to regrip almost after every shot.


Lastly, my oh so tacticool GSG 1911 Tactical.  Haha, it's even labeled tactical when you buy it.  I threw on the fake suppressor and the cheapie light and laser combo just to get used to the feel....I don't know why.  Anyway, it's still fun to shoot, even though it's not really suppressed and I'm not the international special forces operator.  Cheap on ammo though, way cheaper than blazing through a box of .45acp.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Not quite a daisho, but pretty close.

 Not quite a daisho, but close at a quick glance.  A lot of times, daisho didn't have perfectly matched koshirae, or even blades from th...