Wednesday, August 21, 2013

New engravings for my Norinco M1911A1 Police model

I decided to try my hand at refinishing my Norinco M1911A1 Police model.  I was going to parkerize it, but I'll leave that for another day's experiment.  This time around, I just tried some cold blueing with a $5 kit I bought from Canadian Tire.



The Made in China and Norinco trademarks were burning a hole in my retina so I went through various grits of sandpaper until they were gone.



Then I had the slide engraved with something I thought would look a bit better than Norinco.



It's kind of hard to tell, but the blueing actually turned out pretty good.  The light is reflecting off it, but it's a lot darker than it appears here, and pretty much matches up with the rest of the pistol.





Overall, I'm pretty happy with it.  Next I'll try parkerizing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Not quite a daisho, but pretty close.

 Not quite a daisho, but close at a quick glance.  A lot of times, daisho didn't have perfectly matched koshirae, or even blades from th...