Friday, July 14, 2017

Mk12 Mod 1 build - Allen Engineering brake and collar

Well, looks like the Mk12 build is starting up again, with a few parts here and there trickling in.  Still no money for big ticket items like the glass, but I may settle for something less just to get the thing up and running.   The Allen Engineering muzzle brake and collar came in, but I’m not going to bother mounting it until the KAC rail comes in.



Something else that's been keeping me up all night is the glass.  How the hell am I going to be able to source a Leupold Mark 4 MR/T 2.5-8x36mm without it costing me one of my testicles?  Or any of the other clone approved rifle scopes?  $1,800 for outdated glass is a hard pill to swallow in the name of clone building and this is something I may actually pass on.

I've been looking at the Leupold VX-R Patrol 3-9x40mm:



Though far from clone accurate (and I would probably be shunned on ARF for even contemplating this), it has a similar profile, the mag range is not that far off, and the price isn't horrendous.

Reliable Gun has one in for $879.99.

Wolverine's also got the ARMS #22 30mm high rings in for $150 right now, so I might order those today.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Not quite a daisho, but pretty close.

 Not quite a daisho, but close at a quick glance.  A lot of times, daisho didn't have perfectly matched koshirae, or even blades from th...