I really didn't need one of these, but it was a good deal so I grabbed it. The bonus was it came with a pretty rare item that's not commonly found in Canada - the Wilcox mount. It's rare, but then again, the demand for it is also pretty rare. If you were building a Mk18 mod 0 clone, you might be looking for one of these, but other than that, there's probably not a lot of demand for one of these.
The Comp M2 is a 4 MOA dot with a 10,000 hour batter life (1 year of continuous use).
The PRO on top, and the Comp M2 below. They look virtually identical.
Compared to the Aimpoint PRO, I'm not really sure why anyone would buy a brand new Comp M2 for full retail (though I think it's discontinued). The PRO's MSRP is generally less than the Comp M2. The PRO has a 2MOA dot versus the Comp M2's 4MOA dot. The PRO comes with flip caps, as well as a QD mount that's adjustable for height with a removable spacer. The battery life on the PRO is longer by two years of continuous use.
I guess the only reason I picked this up was because it was pretty cheap.
The Comp M2 on the left. the PRO on the right.
Some specs from the manufacturer:
Aimpoint PRO - $437 USD (Midwayusa)
· Always ready - always on. Turn it on for up to 3 years using one single battery. No need to fumble with switches prior to use.
· 2 minute of angle red dot for accurate target engagement at all distances.
· In service date and battery change date reminders makes inventory tracking and maintenance easy.
· Enhanced speed on target and increased first shot hit probability when compared to iron sights and magnified scopes.
· Compatible with all generations of night vision devices and may be used with Aimpoint 3X Magnifier and Concealed Engagement unit.
· Hard anodized aluminum alloy housing. Rugged enough for real world conditions and waterproof to 150 feet.
· Threaded front lens opening allows use of screw-in anti-reflection device (ARD).
· Front and rear flip covers keep lenses clean.
· Transparent rear flip cover allows use of the sight (with both eyes open) even with both covers closed in an emergency.
· Battery and adjustment cap retainer straps means you will never lose your pieces.
· Modular mount set up for use on flat-top AR15, M4 Carbine and M16 rifles. (Adapter available for carry handle mounting)
· Removable spacer. Remove for use on weapons such as shotguns and sub-guns, AK47, Type 81, BD08 and weapons with a low line of sight.
· QRP2 rail grabber mount. Snap knob three times for a perfect mount. Will not deform your rail like many other mounts.
· Recessed lens openings helps prevent against impact damage, fingerprints and scratches.
Aimpoint Comp M2 - $517.99 USD (Discontinued - Midwayusa)
• Compatible with every generation of NVD
• CET technology allows up to 10,000 hours of daytime operation on one battery
• 100,000 hours of use on NVD setting
• Unequalled light transmission
• Submersible to 80 feet (25 meters)
• Standard CQB sight for Special Forces worldwide
• CompM2 – M68/CCO is the standard sight for the U.S. Army and the U.S. Air Force