Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Savage Mark II TRR SR gets some rattle can action

I got bored one day and decided to do something stupid.  The day before me and my pals were supposed to head out to Squamish to do a little shooting, I decide to throw some Krylon onto my brand new Savage Mark II TRR SR.  I haven't even shot it yet, and I was planning to the next day, but stupidity overcame me and I got the paint out.  Then I read the instructions, dry to the touch in 15 minutes, but takes 7 days to cure and harden.  The instructions were correct, it was dry, but slightly tacky and I wasn't able to take it out to shoot.  A week later, it felt totally dry as if it came from the factory like that.


It turned out pretty nice actually, and almost like a factory job, so much so, that I put the Savage sticker back on the stock for this photo shoot, haha!










New addition is the Tactical Solutions compensator.  It really doesn't make a huge difference with a .22lr rifle, especially one with a 22 inch barrel






I forgot to post the specs on this rifle, might be handy to anyone who's thinking about getting into one:

Series: Mark II

AccuStock: No
Stock Material: Laminate wood
Stock Finish: Matte
Stock Color: Black
Sights: Drilled and tapped for scope mounts
Features: Threaded barrel ½-28
AccuTrigger: Yes
Magazine: Detachable box
Barrel Material: Carbon steel
Barrel finish: Matte
Barrel color: Black
Sku: 25752
Calibre: .22lr
Handed: Right
Rate of Twist: 16
Overall length: 40”
Barrel length: 22’
Ammo capacity: 5
MSRP $627

No comments:

Post a Comment

Not quite a daisho, but pretty close.

 Not quite a daisho, but close at a quick glance.  A lot of times, daisho didn't have perfectly matched koshirae, or even blades from th...