Yes, I riced out my R1. I'm probably gonna get some flak for desecrating my 1911, what's the terminology? It's not "safe queen", there's some other term floating around on the fourms nowadays. I think it's "mall ninja" or "walmarche"? Anyway, I like them.
Some people are gonna wonder why I decided to put smiley faces on my pistol. I just figured it was kind of jack-ass to have smiley faces on a pistol......maybe I was referring to that Jungian thing, who knows.
With the new grips, the pistol feels even more slick than before. I used to like the idea of the double-stack, hi-cap mags, but in Canada, we're limited to 10 anyway, so the way I figured, I should just work on faster mag changes.
Here are some specs on the pistol:
- Adjustable Rear Sight
- Fiber-Optic Front Sight (Red)
- Front/Rear Slide Serrations
- Beavertail Grip Safety with Checkered Memory Bump
- Enhanced Hammer Anodized Aluminum Match Trigger
- Enhanced Wide Thumb Safety
- Flat Checkered Mainspring Housing (20 LPI)
- Match Grade Stainless Barrel and Bushing
- Front Grip Strap Serrations
- Custom Grips with Thumb Groove and Ambi Cut
- 8-Round Magazines with Bumper Pad (2)